The Nuvi 2589LMT is a GPS device manufactured by Garmin. It features detailed maps and precise navigation GPS. Part number: 010-01187-01.

Why won’t my GPS turn on?

Even after charging my device, when I press the power button, the GPS is not turning on. I have even tried replacing the battery, and it is still not turning on.

even with battery fully charged, sometimes my garmin 2589lmt will not come on. this happened on sunday so i just left it plugged in. on returning from this 60 mile trip it came on as i pulled into the driveway. this also happens in my co. truck. it's a 2016 nissan frontier. help!!!!

I am so not impressed with the Garmin Nuvi that I purchased 2 months ago. It is always turning off and unable to get is to work when driving. This is the second time in 2 months since I purchased it that it is not working. At this point I am ready to try a more reliable GPS. This is so frustrating to me at this point. My old GPS did not have 1/90th of the problems I an experiencing with this piece of garbage. Very unhappy with this device.

I am so not impressed with the Garmin Nuvi that I purchased 2 months ago. It is always turning off and unable to get is to work when driving. This is the second time in 2 months since I purchased it that it is not working. At this point I am ready to try a more reliable GPS. This is so frustrating to me at this point. My old GPS did not have 1/90th of the problems I an experiencing with this piece of garbage. Very unhappy with this device. I so agree with you. Very unreliable and difficult to get help to fix the stupid product that only works occasionallyl

My portable GPS garmin won't come on. When on charge only even if the battery is in it the same thing no power. What might be it's issue?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

There could be multiple reasons why your device is not turning on. Consider checking to see if your charger is working properly by testing it on a separate device. If it is not a defective charger, then there may be more serious issues such as a faulty motherboard or display screen. For more information regarding a defective motherboard or screen damage, please refer to the Garmin Nuvi 2589LMT troubleshooting page here.

The Nuvi 65 powering system is the most frustrating, mind bogglingly perverted and useless device I have ever owned. I love the Garmin free maps an updates but the power nightmare should simply not be an issue. I'd like a refund even out of guarantee. Shame on you Garmin. How the !&&* can you d design and develop such junk.

I find the device totally unreliable and therefor mostly unusable . Everything other than this operates fine and in correct manner. There most certainly is a design flaw in the powering/charging/data setup. Who the !&&* needs this hastle. Back to older maps and my old flipping tomtom.

Alec Knecht will be eternally grateful.