10.1" Android tablet released in June of 2011. Samsung GT-P7510MA

Why Samsung galaxy tab a 10.1 2016 goes black some time

My tablet was working fine. I used it for like 15-20 minutes like I do many times during the day to check on stuff. But this time when I came to use it again then all I see is black screen. The home button and lock key is not working. I tried calling on the tablet and its still ringing that means it on. Its just not giving display. Is it possible that if something keeps on touching the tablet screen for long time may cause this ? because I saw a pillow was our the tablet(We have very light weight pillow). This happen one time before as well. That time I slept while using the tablet and in morning it was not working. Then all of a sudden it started working on its own(It tried some volume up power tricks but it looked like it failed so I just left it. When I get back it was working normally. I played games and stuff as well and all worked great. What could be the reason ?

Please..solution for this case.. i hv the same case today..

Same issue....and of course I didn't get the insurance.

My Samsung Galaxy tab 4 just go black and not showing anything. What could be the cause.

its happened to me today and yesturday

Same issue after 24 hours of having it ..grrrrrrrr

Does it ever quit while using it? It sounds like it wont wake from sleep mode . When this happens there are two possible solutions that I know of. One is to hold the power button down continuously until the tablet shuts down and reboots . This can take a minute or more. The second it to open the tablet and disconnect the battery then reconnect the battery after a minute or so then reassemble and reboot . There is a troubleshooting guild here on ifixit that may help in the future , common problems and there fixes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Troubleshooting

Hope this helps

Thankyou for your answer. I tried Power + Volume down(As mentioned on samsung website here (http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp...). After about 8 second it does vibrate. I believe that means that it is turning off but after that nothing really happens when I try to power it up again. Looks like it gets on again without display. Its a brand new tablet 2016 version bought in september and I cant find its disassembly guide anywhere including youtube. Unlike Galaxy note tablet its really hard to see where the join between backcover and screen really is.

If its that new maybe check to see if its still under warranty. Don't open it if it is. Return it to Samsung and have them take a look or call customer service

Yes I guess thats what needs to be done. It is not under local warranty. Because I bought it when I was in US last month. But I will get it checked from local samsung service center here. I saw another person on ifixit with almost same issue as mine with the same tablet. Hopefully someone will find a fix that dont require expensive service center visits.

Samsungs warranty should be worldwide

EVVVVERYTHING described above is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing AS WELL !

I've got this same, hear volume up and down but black screen. I'm opened tablet and check the tape for LCD. Tape has two connection. One is on main board , I'm open up the connector, remove tape and put it back. Still black screen. Then I removed battery. Lift gently plastic on both sides of another end of tape, then used bend copper wire to open connector, slide tape out and back in, close connector. Plug battery back on and press power on, and screen back to life.

How to disassemble tablets and access the battery

You can watch YouTube, there is about open different model of Samsung tab but work this same. You must put hard and thin piece of plastic (corner of bank card or something similar) between screen frame and back cover. Around screen glass you'll see tiny frame, then is small step to cover that is place to press plastic . Be very gentle, start from longer edge and keep going around. Battery is under plastic frame. Just unscrew tiny screws and unclip ribbon. But before removing battery check first connection . Could be that. Just unclipped and clip back ribbon. On ribbon are letters LCD, this the one. If that don't work then remove battery and try with other end. I'm used small square hole to open clip. Bend small wire and put through . Then put it back and clip back. Take extra care to not break ribbon. Then just connect battery and check. If work put all together. I give 2 extra straps of isolation tape to stick ribbon to battery. Sorry for my English

Thanks for the help. I opened the back cover as you described, disconnected battery and connecting the battery. After that, the tablet worked fine. Made in 15 min

Happy to help.

Hay guys

I want someone to please share me video link on my gmail

taimooraliarzi@gmail.com

I have have the same problem with my galaxy tab a6 10.1 but I don't exactly know how to open back cover of my tab

Please assist me

Opening back cover should not be an option to fix this ! Samsung should fix it for free or send replacement

My screen went blank twice on two occasions and both times I've removed the screen tape connection and battery. Remove battery first didn't work. It would appear on both occasions the tab had been dropped or banged and the battery seams to pull the screen tape from the connector because I could see the line to which the tape position should be and it wasn't true to the connector. P.s used finger nails to gently remove back cover.

fuzz will be eternally grateful.