10.1" Android tablet released in June of 2011. Samsung GT-P7510MA

Why Samsung galaxy tab a 10.1 2016 goes black some time

My tablet was working fine. I used it for like 15-20 minutes like I do many times during the day to check on stuff. But this time when I came to use it again then all I see is black screen. The home button and lock key is not working. I tried calling on the tablet and its still ringing that means it on. Its just not giving display. Is it possible that if something keeps on touching the tablet screen for long time may cause this ? because I saw a pillow was our the tablet(We have very light weight pillow). This happen one time before as well. That time I slept while using the tablet and in morning it was not working. Then all of a sudden it started working on its own(It tried some volume up power tricks but it looked like it failed so I just left it. When I get back it was working normally. I played games and stuff as well and all worked great. What could be the reason ?

Does it ever quit while using it? It sounds like it wont wake from sleep mode . When this happens there are two possible solutions that I know of. One is to hold the power button down continuously until the tablet shuts down and reboots . This can take a minute or more. The second it to open the tablet and disconnect the battery then reconnect the battery after a minute or so then reassemble and reboot . There is a troubleshooting guild here on ifixit that may help in the future , common problems and there fixes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Troubleshooting

Hope this helps

Thankyou for your answer. I tried Power + Volume down(As mentioned on samsung website here (http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp...). After about 8 second it does vibrate. I believe that means that it is turning off but after that nothing really happens when I try to power it up again. Looks like it gets on again without display. Its a brand new tablet 2016 version bought in september and I cant find its disassembly guide anywhere including youtube. Unlike Galaxy note tablet its really hard to see where the join between backcover and screen really is.

If its that new maybe check to see if its still under warranty. Don't open it if it is. Return it to Samsung and have them take a look or call customer service

Yes I guess thats what needs to be done. It is not under local warranty. Because I bought it when I was in US last month. But I will get it checked from local samsung service center here. I saw another person on ifixit with almost same issue as mine with the same tablet. Hopefully someone will find a fix that dont require expensive service center visits.

Samsungs warranty should be worldwide

EVVVVERYTHING described above is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing AS WELL !

hello.Reading your comments,sadly i am in exactly the same situation.Everything fine until 3 months later when i am coming home and i see my tablet with a black screeen.I have tried this and that tablet won't display anymore...and it was in perfect order...not even moved from a table

I am experiencing the same! so frustrating!!!

I also and it is frustrating. I thought it was a virus till i exchanged for a new one and did same thing again with in same day out of box.

this litrally just happened to me today...i don't know if i shoud take it back to the store or i should wait till the battery runs out

me too. service center already replaced the board but still the same.

My Tab A 10.1 (2016 edition) has been doing the same thing - more frequently lately. I will be using it and it will just blank out all of a sudden. Pushing any button has no effect. Then , after a minute or so, it usually just comes back on by itself. The only way that I have found to make it come back on immediately is to plug in the micro USB charger - then it always comes back on. It is very frustrating. It has blanked out twice since I have been typing this. I really don't want to return it to Samsung because of the stories that I have read of people getting a used wiped refurbished tablet returned to them that has the exact same problem. It has not bothered me enough yet to hassle with returning it. I only paid $188 for it at Sam's Club (including. A 32GB card). Otherwise, it has been a great tablet.

I have been having the same issue as everyone else. My first one returned and exchanged for a new one after 3 months and started doing this. The brand new one within a few hours out of the box started doing the same thing. And it is fully charged also. I have gone in to make certain adjustments and nothing has helped.

What is going on with the tablets? I have never had t his issue before and my daughters 2 year old samsung tablet does not do this at all.

Same issue here. Wtf!! I can hear the volume going up and down and the home and back button make noise but still a black screen. Ridiculous!!

I've got this same, hear volume up and down but black screen. I'm opened tablet and check the tape for LCD. Tape has two connection. One is on main board , I'm open up the connector, remove tape and put it back. Still black screen. Then I removed battery. Lift gently plastic on both sides of another end of tape, then used bend copper wire to open connector, slide tape out and back in, close connector. Plug battery back on and press power on, and screen back to life.

fuzz will be eternally grateful.