10.1" Android tablet released in June of 2011. Samsung GT-P7510MA

Why Samsung galaxy tab a 10.1 2016 goes black some time

My tablet was working fine. I used it for like 15-20 minutes like I do many times during the day to check on stuff. But this time when I came to use it again then all I see is black screen. The home button and lock key is not working. I tried calling on the tablet and its still ringing that means it on. Its just not giving display. Is it possible that if something keeps on touching the tablet screen for long time may cause this ? because I saw a pillow was our the tablet(We have very light weight pillow). This happen one time before as well. That time I slept while using the tablet and in morning it was not working. Then all of a sudden it started working on its own(It tried some volume up power tricks but it looked like it failed so I just left it. When I get back it was working normally. I played games and stuff as well and all worked great. What could be the reason ?

Does it ever quit while using it? It sounds like it wont wake from sleep mode . When this happens there are two possible solutions that I know of. One is to hold the power button down continuously until the tablet shuts down and reboots . This can take a minute or more. The second it to open the tablet and disconnect the battery then reconnect the battery after a minute or so then reassemble and reboot . There is a troubleshooting guild here on ifixit that may help in the future , common problems and there fixes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Troubleshooting

Hope this helps

Thankyou for your answer. I tried Power + Volume down(As mentioned on samsung website here (http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp...). After about 8 second it does vibrate. I believe that means that it is turning off but after that nothing really happens when I try to power it up again. Looks like it gets on again without display. Its a brand new tablet 2016 version bought in september and I cant find its disassembly guide anywhere including youtube. Unlike Galaxy note tablet its really hard to see where the join between backcover and screen really is.

If its that new maybe check to see if its still under warranty. Don't open it if it is. Return it to Samsung and have them take a look or call customer service

Yes I guess thats what needs to be done. It is not under local warranty. Because I bought it when I was in US last month. But I will get it checked from local samsung service center here. I saw another person on ifixit with almost same issue as mine with the same tablet. Hopefully someone will find a fix that dont require expensive service center visits.

Samsungs warranty should be worldwide

fuzz will be eternally grateful.