Mid-2013 MBA wouldn't boot or SMC reset; new logic board --> erratic
- Mid-2013 MBA suddenly froze up in the middle of use. Closed it up, refused to boot afterwards.
- Took to Genius Bar. All attempts at SMC reset, PRAM reset, etc. failed. Charge light does not react to SMC reset.
- They suggested logic board failure. I ordered new logic board on eBay and installed myself.
- Here's where it gets weird. Nothing happened at first. I fiddled around with unplugging battery and plugging back in, etc., and lo and behold it did start up eventually! But with telltale symptoms of an SMC issue: fans running hot, slow performance, etc. But this is a new logic board!
- Now sometimes it starts up, sometimes it doesn't. Last night it started up a half-dozen times out of maybe 200 tries. This morning, won't start up at all.
- Any suggestions? I'm stumped. Thought replacing the logic board would do it :-/. Thanks for your help in response.
Is this a good question?