Motorola Moto G3 comes with a 5.0-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels and is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. It also packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card.

Why is there an led light shining through the phone speaker slot?

My phone has an led light shining through the phone speaker slot on the front. It has nothing to do with the screen or the rear leds for the phone's camera. It never shuts off and is on whether the phone is on or off.

Apparently Moto G3s (plus other Moto models) do have a LED behind the speaker grill.

http://www.techdroider.com/2015/08/moto-...

It supposedly cannot be enabled, but it can if the phone has been rooted.

There is this link to a poor audio You Tube video which shows one app (of a few apps) that have been developed to utilize it as a notification tool for when the screen is not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhV90iW...

There are also reports of the LED turning on after the phone (non rooted) has been upgraded to Android Marshmallow, but apparently it is random, the reason for it is unknown and it cannot be turned off.

I do not know if this will work but if it bothers you, you could try doing a backup of your phone and then performing a hard reset to see if it clears the problem and then restore your phone using the backup you made.

Previous answer is not any answer. My screen works fine, my battery is charged, my phone already has marshmallow, it is not due to any notifications, rebooting does not solve, it just came on out of nowhere, endless searches provides no answer. You gotta wonder....

this didn't help at all - my situation is exactly the same as whereischip's.

So ye, basically ur screwed till it feels like turning off (also read it could of been from humidity, but idk) ((the government is watching))

Nate Huff will be eternally grateful.