The Motorola Moto G3 (Model Number: XT1540) is the 3rd generation android phone produced by Lenovo. It can be identified by its 5.5 X 2.8 inch screen. There are two speakers on both the top and bottom of the front screen.

Why is there an led light shining through the phone speaker slot?

My phone has an led light shining through the phone speaker slot on the front. It has nothing to do with the screen or the rear leds for the phone's camera. It never shuts off and is on whether the phone is on or off.

Apparently Moto G3s (plus other Moto models) do have a LED behind the speaker grill.

http://www.techdroider.com/2015/08/moto-...

It supposedly cannot be enabled, but it can if the phone has been rooted.

There is this link to a poor audio You Tube video which shows one app (of a few apps) that have been developed to utilize it as a notification tool for when the screen is not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhV90iW...

There are also reports of the LED turning on after the phone (non rooted) has been upgraded to Android Marshmallow, but apparently it is random, the reason for it is unknown and it cannot be turned off.

I do not know if this will work but if it bothers you, you could try doing a backup of your phone and then performing a hard reset to see if it clears the problem and then restore your phone using the backup you made.

Try draining down your phone charge to 0.0% .. and plug the charger.. may be LED will get turned off after a bit.

The charging port broke on my Moto G3, the battery drained completely and it sat dead until I got the replacement part a month later. After changing the port I plugged it in and...the mysterious LED behind the speaker came on. I switched chargers, it stayed on. After 5 minutes charging, the LED went away, just as the screen, which until now remained dark, turned on showing 0% battery and charging. When a battery is completely drained it can enter a state where it has some difficulty accepting charge, if the battery is still good this remedies itself after a little while. So I'm going to guess that one of the functions of this LED is a low level detection of whether the battery is accepting charge properly. The age of your battery, the condition of your charger, and a variety of other factors can probably set this off.

Today I had taken my phone to the bathroom and exposed it to the shower

It lit up I think it acts as an indicator to sow that water is around or something

Nate Huff will be eternally grateful.