The Shark Rotator NV502 vacuum was made in 2013, weighs 15.5 pounds, and includes a lift away handle. The vacuum can be used on both carpet and hardwood floors.

Why won’t my vacuum turn on?

I've pushed the 'ON' button on the vacuum , but it wont turn on. What can i do?

Yesterday mine just stopped. The light is working, it's not clogged up. Nothing happens at all till I drop the handle and then the brush roller spins but that's it. No suction or anything. Put the handle back in the upright position and everything stops. ????? Help.

Exactly what is happening to mine!!

First, make sure the vacuum is plugged in. If the vacuum is plugged in and the switch is pushed on, but it's not turning on then try to reset your circuit breaker or reset the motor thermostat. The steps to reset the motor thermostat can be found in the troubleshooting guide.

This is not the question asked. The brushbar turns (so the power is on) and there is no suction.

Most Helpful Answer

The collection canister has a switch that engages when it locks in that can wear and not function, try removing the waste canister/collection canister and insert it carefully to attempt to engage the switch

Thank you so much! It was that simple.

Perhaps the newer models have this switch, but mine doesn't. I'm thinking mine is either fried, or the cord is worn in the vacuums interior.

This just happened to me and the issue is the power switch. If I short the switch leads with a screwdriver (after disassembly), the vacuum runs. Now where can I get a new switch...

Gloria it was very simple thanks Joey. What a relief!!!!

It's likely the thermal overload which is that 1/4" back thing with two legs coming out and a short one in the middle.

Solder a link from the middle of it to the black wire and you will bypass it.

Keep the vacuum clear and you should have no problems.

You will have no thermal overload for the motor so the next time it may burn the motor but it beats throwing it out

Samuel will be eternally grateful.