Released February 2012, identified by model number 26299

Why is my camera saying "out of memory?"

My camera keeps telling me that my memory card is out of memory even though it is empty. How do I fix it?

Try taking out the memory card and then going to images. The camera might have a small inbuilt memory.

I had this problem and this is how I fixed it. Remove memory card and use the USB cable to hook the camera to your PC. Access the internal memory. I found a lot of pictures on the internal memory. I copied and save the pictures and then deleted them for the internal camera memory. I then reinserted my memory card and took some test pictures . The pictures were written to my memory card and the camera is now functioning properly!

I have a similar problem but I'm using an iMAC ... how do I access the internal memory? Thanks

I don't know about IMAC. On my Nikon L26 camera I just remove the memory card and attached the USB cable from my camera to my desktop PC and was able to access the memory using Explorer

Most Helpful Answer

@laney916 you did not tell us if you used the memory card in this camera before. You said that "it is empty" I assume that you have not used it. I would start by formatting it. Download your cameras manual from here. Check page 34 to start.

Yes, I have used it before and had no problems.

Did you try formatting?

Laney will be eternally grateful.