Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

Left side of Vizio smart tv is really dim and dark

I found this tv one day thinking maybe I could fix it if it was broken and the left side of the screen is really dim any ideas on what it could be?

How do I fix it

M422i-b1 is the model number

Most Helpful Answer

@nkarakozis20 that looks like a backlight issue. Could be the power board inverter circuitry or the backlight itself. Let us know what model it is so we can try and find out more information. Also, remove the back of your TV and take a look at all the wiring and the boards itself. Post some images of what you find with your question.

You want the model number?

That would be the minimum we need to help you with your TV. Yes.

It's a Vizio E701i-A3

I removed all the screws on the perimeter of the back and tried to take the back off but it won't budge.

interestingly enough your model had a recall. They have had defective panels that would cause the T-con board to fail. "There are three different problems that are very common on these TV models.

The TV does not show a picture but audio still works.

White spots appearing on the display.

Dark areas on the display."

So this could be one of those affected by that. How handy are you? Any chance you could get right to the panels backlight?

Nikolas Karakozis will be eternally grateful.