Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

amazon firestick is not working

My amazon firestick has stopped working. I have changed hdmi port, power source and tried all the instructions from amazons site. The firestick isn't even showing anything on screen

I'm having the same problem. My Firestick will not turn on at all. It was working fine an hour ago, now it's dead. Like it's not plugged. I have tried different HDMI ports on my TV (3 of them) and different power outlets. All are working fine, the stick just doesn't start up and the monitor says "No Signal!". I tried removing the extender in case it had a short in it, also no luck. I had it for several years and it only cost $17 so I guess it's done.

I’ve discovered that my mini-usb port is faulty. If I plug the power cord in to the stick and angle it in a specific way I can get power. But, as soon as I let go it powers off.

Hi

You can use your TV remote to access the menu on the firestick

you can use tv remote keys .... arrow keys up/down ...left /right and centre button (enter) also exit button

i got mine working make sure amazon remote is near TV with new battery's in

When fire stick screen came on i scrolled along to settings on firestick using TV remote

then to controllers and bluetooth devices

within controllers and blue tooth devices scroll down to other blue tooth devices( enter)

then go to add bluetooth device it will search for you amazon remote

should work mine did

My remote changes but the picture still isn't showing it talks but no pic it's not my TV it's working just fine

Most Helpful Answer

I had a short in the extender. I removed it and plugged my stick directly into my HDMI port and it worked fine.

Remot control not working

jack brown will be eternally grateful.