The Toshiba Enore WT8-A is a touchscreen tablet running Windows 8.1.

Why won’t my device turn on?

My device will not turn on even though I hold down the power on button.

Student question

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Your device’s battery might be dead. You may simply need to charge the device, however if your device has been plugged into a charger and is still not getting a charge, you may need to replace either the charger, or the battery, or both.

I have the same issue. Measured battery voltage and just sits around 3.2v. Ive notice the battery stats show it should be 3.75v. Does this mean the battery wont charge at all? Ive had it plugged in using various chargers and cables to no avail.

At one point toshiba logo appeared on screen before disappearing and then nothing.

Is this potentially a charge port issue? Or flat out battery.

@zarmstrong do you guys get credit for answering your own question? just another thing to note is that if a battery wont charge and tablet wont boot you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect . This often brings joy

This toshiba made tablets are very poorly made product made in a Chinese sweat shop by little 10 year olds trouble do not buy any thing toshiba !!!

My problem is that the power button on my toshiba tablet wt8-b is stuck and won't come back up - have tried to push it down in the hopes that it will come back up but it did not

Used a cuticle clipper to push it down but it didn't work - where can i buy a replacement part for the power button on my tablet?

If battery life is not the problem, a soft reset may correct the “won’t turn on” issue. Hold the VOL- (volume down) button while pressing the power button. This will put the device into RECOVERY MODE. Sometimes just entering recovery mode and exiting is sufficient to correct your issue.

Zachary Armstrong will be eternally grateful.