Third generation Surface Pro tablet, released June 20, 2014.

Surface Pro 3 Broken Kickstand Hinge

The left hinge of my Surface Pro 3 snapped the other day when closing the kickstand and it is completely broken free. The kickstand wont close flat now and i am worried about traveling with it. The remaining hinge seems to be doing fine for now but I believe it will break eventually.

I have seen the kickstand replacement but is there anything for replacing the hinge itself?

Did you ever find a solution? I need one.

I never did, called around to repair shops but nobody wants to try it unless I signed a waiver releasing them from liability. They were all afraid they'd break it.

What I ended up buying though is a Keyboard from Brydge (link below). You slide the surface into the hinges on the keyboard and essentially makes it a laptop, has worked really well for me so far, though I like the kickstand and MS keyboard combo better (thinner, better looking). At least it's functional for now!

https://www.brydgekeyboards.com/products...

Tim Massie will be eternally grateful.