Third generation Surface Pro tablet, released June 20, 2014.

Surface Pro 3 Broken Kickstand Hinge

The left hinge of my Surface Pro 3 snapped the other day when closing the kickstand and it is completely broken free. The kickstand wont close flat now and i am worried about traveling with it. The remaining hinge seems to be doing fine for now but I believe it will break eventually.

I have seen the kickstand replacement but is there anything for replacing the hinge itself?

Did you ever find a solution? I need one.

I never did, called around to repair shops but nobody wants to try it unless I signed a waiver releasing them from liability. They were all afraid they'd break it.

What I ended up buying though is a Keyboard from Brydge (link below). You slide the surface into the hinges on the keyboard and essentially makes it a laptop, has worked really well for me so far, though I like the kickstand and MS keyboard combo better (thinner, better looking). At least it's functional for now!

https://www.brydgekeyboards.com/products...

Thank you for replying! I found a solution too in just buying a case for it that included a kickstand. Here's the link -https://urbanarmorgear.com/products/case...

It isn't the best kickstand for adjusting the angle (or sleek-looking either) in the world, but it works for me.

Once again, thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!

Thank you for getting back!

I have found a solution also in just buying a case with a built in kickstand. It isn't flawless (kind of hard to adjust angles) but works good enough for me. It's brand is Urban Armor Gear just in case you were curious, and I would link it but this reply to you got deleted by a bot for insufficient text when linking, so sorry!

Anyway, thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it!

Tim Massie will be eternally grateful.