Released October 24, 2011 / 2.2, 2.4, or 2.5 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

MacBook Pro RAM replace

Hi all,

I want to replace my ram (4GB) from my MacBook. I checked the model of the rams in my laptop and they're 1333mhz. I read that my model could work with 16GB, is this true or is the maximum 8GB?

Can I use 1600mhz instead of 1333?

What brands are known for good quality?

Thanks in advance

I have previously installed 16GB RAM on this model and an SSD and together they boost the speed of that model tremendously.

You want to be careful about investing a lot in them though since this model is prone to VGA failure and Apple will only be covering this defect until end of 2016.

I personally recommend these RAM modules.

So will 16gb work on my model? And not 1600mhz but 1333?

Let me try to explain things here:

First, yes your system can support 16 GB of RAM. In fact the system I'm using right now is the same as yours with 16 GB of RAM.

As to the speed of the RAM I do recommend following Apples guidance here following there T/N: MacBook Pro: How to remove or install memory. I would put in the 1600 MHz modules.

Like Dan said, 1600MHz are supported, but the 1333MHz are good as well and from their description you know the ones I linked will work with the model you have.

Uas will be eternally grateful.