A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Really loose power cord

Hi everyone

Recently, my PS4's power cable has been falling out for no reason, even with the normal vibrations of the console. I'm pretty sure it used to be a snug fit but now even if I just touch it it falls out. Do you think it's just a faulty cable, or could the actual power port inside the console have moved? I tried slowly pushing the cable in but it won't go past a certain point and never fits securely.

Thanks, I've ordered a replacement cable so I'll give it a go :)

OK...hoepfully that fixes it. Be sure to post back here to let me know if it does.

Yeah, it was the cord, the new one fits securely. Thanks!

Great! Glad that fixed it!

There's no way to know for sure without seeing it in person. You may be able to shine a flashlight in where the power plug goes and see if anything looks amiss. You also may want to just go buy a new power cable first. It's a lot cheaper and hopefully that would fix your problem. If that didn't fix it then you may need a new power supply (or yours could possibly be repaired).

Hope this helps.

pandarock32 will be eternally grateful.