In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

Can I swap hard drives between a ps3slim and ps3 super slim?

I have a ps3 slim160gb hard drive that's located in the front of the ps3 and I also have a ps3 super slim 500gb hard drive that is located on the side now is it possible to swap hard drives and use one in the other? (example ps3 super slim 500gb hard drive and put it in the ps3 slim) or is there any possible I can retrieve the data that's on the hard drive if the ps3 super slim isn't functional anymore or if you need parts to make it or is there any other possible way I can expand the 160 hard drive to a 500 or can I connect the hard drive to a pc to retrieve the data off of it?????

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

It is not possible to retrieve the data if your PS3 does not work. You can dump the data with your original PS3 and some tools, but if you swap the drive, you cannot read any data.

You can use the drive after formatting though.

Lawrence Boone will be eternally grateful.