Calls fail when settings are 4G, they work when set to 3G

I have a problem that when the iPhone 5s is set to 4G in settings the calls fail. When set to 3G they work fine. It's not the Network as I have another iPhone and that works perfectly on this SIM when set to 4G.

It's like the phone doesn't switch back to 3G to make the call. I've tried restoring and same issue.

Any ideas?

Anyone had this issue?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

The issue could be a faulty antenna or it's a motherboard issue. When you factory reset the phone, did you do it on the phone or on the computer through iTunes?

Thanks for the reply. I restored it through iTunes on the computer. My next step is to remove the logic board and try it in a know working housing.

Let me know how it goes. I'd love to help as much as possible :)

Took it apart and found it was water damaged. Took EMI shields off, gave a good scrub and all fixed!

Happy to hear you got it going! :) Have a good day!

Chrisinuk will be eternally grateful.