Model number NV370. Stands 27 inches tall and features Shark’s never loses suction technology and swivel steering.

Can I replace the cord on my shark vacuum

The cord on my shark lift away, the prongs are about to break. Can I replace the cord?

Where did you order the power cord from?

Most Helpful Answer

Thanks for posting this, I successfully made the repair. My wife ordered a new cord right after our puppy decided to chew on it. Yes, it was unplugged!

Those images will help you take it apart, CLICK HERE for a complete set of pics! I hope this helps someone out, and I am sure someone will comment there is a better way to make connections. I am sure there is, but this worked perfectly. My only advice is, keep each screw with each part. Take your own step by step pics, they really helped in making sure I put the wire protector parts back in place correctly. Happy Ifixing! (ifixit.com, feel free to use these images!)

— Spencer from CT

Same story, Spencer from CT, dog chewed through the cord in three different places before I even could plug it in and turn it on. Thanks for your very thoughtful and comprehensive details and instructions. Regards, mister_marv

hahaha, same story here too! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has to keep cords away from my puppy! Thanks for the instructions!

YES YOU CAN, cause I just did.

Ordered the cord from Amazon $18 or so.

remove the dirt canister and vacuum head. remove all the screws from the bottom of the canister and pull the cover off. inside you will see a plate with 4 screws, remove this. Now you will see the crimp on wire nuts, I didn't have these so I just simply used twist on wire nuts and tape.

Reassemble and vacuum away. Easiest repair I've had to make on a household appliance.

Hope this helps.

Yes you can... you can do it your self (if you feel confident in taking the vacuum apart) or you can take it to almost any vacuum repair shop and they will do it...

Also at the moment there does not appear to be any guides for the top half of that vacuum and if you did it your self you would most likely need to do some soldering

Great pics, thank you! Easy repair - the small orange wire nuts for #18 wire work well. Be careful not to over-tighten the black screws when putting back together as the heads will twist right off - as I did for the first one :/

My Black Lab just Chewed the plug in Part off the Cord Last night, Thanks for the Thred.

whitewesties1414 will be eternally grateful.