Resistance stuck at a high level

I have a Golds Gym Stride Trainer 350i and have owned it for 6 months, the past 3 of which I haven't used it. I tired to use it and it seems the resistance is stuck on a very high level making it almost impossible to use for a long amount of time. I've tried shifting up and down on the resistance, but nothing seems to help. I've looked inside and nothing looks like it is rubbing. Tension motor makes a humming noise when close to it, but that might just be because I've never been down that close to hear it before. Help!

Did you buy it new?

Nope, but I used it for three months with no problems at all.

Most Helpful Answer

Replace the batteries. The resistance motor wont work if batteries are low, even if display is working.

I have the same problem, but I am using power cord, not batteries. Bike is 2 years old , and was working ok until yesterday.

If it's running on AC it could be 1) the resistance cable between the flywheel & the resistance motor is stuck on something, 2) the cable connecting to the resistance motor has jumped the pulley , or 3) the resistance motor is dead and needs replacement.

Carmen M will be eternally grateful.