Xbox One Kinect. Included with the Xbox One. It has successfully sold over 23 million units around the world.

Why does my connect keep switching on and off

My kinect keeps switching off and needs to be unplugged and replugged in for it to work. When I am on the kinect settings the camera keeps switching on and off. Any suggestions as to the problem?

I have the same issue. Started about a month ago. Have to unplug and reconnect each time. Its a pain as I use cortana quite a bit.

Could be a power related failure by the sounds of it either the cord or the supply itself. Had an issue similar to this on a pc. Had to replace the power supply to fix it. If you know someone with a connect like yours, you can try to swap the power supply and see if that gets it working correctly. Could even go to a local gaming store that sells used parts and pick one up on the cheap just to test it.

Check that the fan is working correctly in the Kinect itself, it has its own fan and supply. They have a tendency to turn off, burn out, and sometimes (in my case) destroy the internal j11 thermal fuse.

Also your Kinect cable actually plugs into the back of your Kinect, it is super super tough to pull out , but give it a shove in and make sure it's well connected.

Alice will be eternally grateful.