Xbox One Kinect. Included with the Xbox One. It has successfully sold over 23 million units around the world.

Where to buy replacement fan for Xbox one Kinect

Greetings,

I saw the prior post about the kinect and the fan not spinning up when it gets warm which leads to it power cycling and eventually not turning on. I have been looking for a fan part to order for replacement but so far I have not gotten luck in my search. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might find one?

Someone in a post said he replaced his, but didn't bother to elaborate.

Have you torn yours down yet?

I have not yet but this is the fan that I believe goes in there. Found the model number from the tear down ifixit did.

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/656-1449...

yup just opened that in another tab. So here is my question. Does the fan spin 24/7 while on? Or does it only come on as necessary?

I imagine if I do have a bad fan, rather than tear open the kinect, I may just re-route the fan to get power from a usb port, so it is always on.

Problem: Fan never turned on resulted is Kinect overheating and power cycling.

I researched the problem on various threads and decided to take it apart and see if I could replace the fan, as already noted by others. Before ordering a new fan I wanted to check the existing fan independently and determine if it was at fault. Upon removing the fan and checking it with a 5V power supply, I was able to confirm that the fan worked correctly. When reinserting the fan into the connecter receptacle, the connector broke off of the PCB. I inspected the connector and PCB and did not find any damage on the connector or the pads on the PCB. I cleaned up the pads on the PCB with a little solder wick, replaced the connector and gave the pins a fresh coat of solder. Reassembled the unit and everything seems to be working fine.

Just seems to me to be a manufacturing issue where the solder screen machine did not apply enough solder paste prior to SMT resulting in connections that were cold/intermittent, failing over time.

I took some pictures but not sure how to add them to this post.

Dustin Boyed will be eternally grateful.