Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

Why are some buttons not working

Some of my buttons are not working - like the numeric 5 button, the exhaust fan, and the STOP/Clear button

Unplug it for 15 minutes to allow it to reset. If the problem persists please give is your model number and I'll look at it further.

I have tried that, but it did not work. The Model Number is 401.80084700

Cause 1

Touchpad and Control Panel

To determine if the touchpad and control panel are defective, try pressing each of the buttons on the control panel. If some of the buttons respond correctly while others don’t, replace the touchpad and control panel.

Cause 2

Touchpad

To determine if the touchpad is defective, try pressing each of the buttons on the control panel. If some of the buttons respond correctly while others don’t, replace the touchpad.

Cause 3

User Control and Display Board

To determine if the control and display board is defective, try pressing each of the buttons on the control panel. If none of the buttons are responding correctly, replace the user control and display board.

Here's how to remove the panel, finding the part may be harder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsBQYHdy...

Alex Pechenik will be eternally grateful.