Battery seems to be damaged

A few days ago I dropped my phone from my pocket. It landed on the bottom left corner. And a few hours later the phone died but it said 55% near the battery icon before it shuts off. I plug my phone in the charger and a minute later the phone turns back on with 67% battery (at least it said so). I though everything would be fine but later that day the battery died again with roughly 60% charge. I tried to reboot the device by holding the power button and home button. The phone turned on and shut down after a few seconds. When I got home I put my phone in DFU mode and recover the phone because I though the jailbreak tweaks kills the battery. No hope. I run several Geekbench and here are the results it showed that it decades from 99% to 62% in half an hour. It also shows that when the battery reaches 83% it immediately dropped to 76%. I ended up wrapping my battery in newpaper and throw it in the freezer for 12 hours. No hope

P.S the phone dies when it reached 55% (half an hour usage) and it shuts off. When it turns back on it is at 67%

P.P.S Battery apps shows that my battery capacity is at 87%/89% (either of them). When I charged it overnight they shows that my battery is at 92%

P.P.P.S I didn't put adhesive at the battery. But it survived tons of drops. It is possible that a single drop can take out the battery?

change battery also charging hub

更换新的电池就可以了。网站iphone修复有教程。这个是电池老化的原因。

Most Helpful Answer

It's either a faulty battery or the battery gauge fuse / component chip has been chipped off / damaged. It's located above the battery connector for the iPhone 5s battery.

It's best that you try replacing the battery first as it's a lot cheaper and easier to do. If the same issues still occur you are probably looking at a board level repair which is not DIYable, you will need to take it to a repair shop that does board repairs. I unfortunately don't know what stores that do it.

Guide to replace the battery:

iPhone 5s Battery Replacement

You can buy the battery from the iFixit parts store here:

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery Image

good...............

L HK will be eternally grateful.