Released March 2006, identified by model D620 on the keyboard bezel.

Screen distorted and very fuzzy

I just hit the jackpot at the Salvation Army and got an iBook, 2 dell latitudes and a hp pavilion. One of the dell latitudes work, but the screen is very fuzzy and distorted. This is probably a cold solder joint under the gpu or chipset, but other than that it works just fine. Is the gpu removable, or is it soldered on? Also, how would I fix it at home?

Never mind, just zapped the gpu with the heat gun on high for about 4 minutes and now it works fine.

Hiya,

When you say heat gun.... what sort of gun do you mean?

A small gas torch, a large one, or a cigarette lighter? . Does this really work?. I'm using a D620 with the Intel VGA card, and it's great, but I have two dead ( 1 fuzzy, one non boot ) with the defective VGA card from the other manufacturer where there was class action against DELL..

I'd lvoe to get them going although I have swapped the disks so I got all the data off ok.

Regards

Eddie

I used the same heat gun that I fix it sells and heat it up. If you look up the Xbox 360 rrod fix kit it will show you how to reflow the chip.

Gigabit87898 will be eternally grateful.