The Xbox One Model 1698 Wireless Controller was released by Microsoft in 2015 alongside the Model 1697 controller. This controller is similar to the Model 1697 with internal modifications. It has more features than a basic controller, such as, removable thumbsticks and metal D-Pad buttons. The controller is primarily designed for console use, but is PC compatible.

Why my Rs (right stick) button is not working

My right stick stopped functioning for some reason on my xbox one, and even xbox doesnt even know hoe to fix the $@$*, for some sort of reason my elite controllers right stick appears to be un mapped at all settings, and it doesnt work at all when playing games

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issue and after further investigation I found out I had accidentally turned on the xbox magnifier setting at some point (lol). To fix the issue:

1. Hold the xbox button until the menu pops up asking you to either turn off the console or the controller.

2. Press the back button to turn off the "Magnifier" setting.

3. Try your game again.

4. Enjoy!

Wow I glad you posted this I canf believe I thought it was my remote . But you were right it the magnifier was on

Thank you so much but my screen @rxs127 but why want my screen zoomed in

Thank you so much , I was going nutz trying to figure out what happened to my controller.

Thank god thougjt controller was &&^&@@

I feel dumb lol

This does not solve the problem, it just asks if you want your screen zoomed in or not

I had same problem I used magnifier to zoom in an forgot to turn it off thought right thumb stick was broken tried another controller so thought it was game then realized it was on so turned off magnifier zoom holding Xbox button in middle of controller then hit back or select button an then it worked fine hope this helps

There is a chance the button has gone bad, If you have followed the steps for disabling Why my Rs (right stick) button is not working by Rxs127 and nothing works still, then you might want to look at Xbox One Elite Controller (Model 1698) Joystick Potentiometer Replacement which will replace the joystick and the button. It is possible to replace just the button but you’d need to find the specific button to replace it with.

asureshot96 will be eternally grateful.