MacBook Air models with 13" displays

Display connection is covered in tape

The display cable is covered all around with a yellow transparent tape. It is not attached to the socket. When i peeled the tape back the cable came with it. Could this be the source of my display problem. And no this has never been tampered with. I do not understand how it worked before. Should i connect and try before i proceed with display replacement. The mac was dropped and display went out.

Can you give us your exact model info. If you don't know you can check it here using your systems S/N: EveryMac

That machine has been worked on. Apple did not do that.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

ok I decided to stop disassembly at that point and plugged in the cable. I then reassemble the air and booted up to check the screen.

all I got was some lines across the screen and then it went out. At that point I decided to replace the screen I received from Ifixit and rebooted the system again and voila! there was my computer. I did make a boo boo though I damaged the blower connection and had to order a new one :(. I was surprised the system booted up to show me the screen worked. I had to shut off before I overheated the cpu. Thanks for the response guys. Is it usually that hard to get that blower connection to connect? Yep I unlock the clip.

asini1 will be eternally grateful.