The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Screen goes blank right after boot up

When I boot up my iPhone 5C, everything appears OK. I see the little white Apple logo.

About 2 seconds after my home screen appears, the screen goes black.

I have tried a new battery and a new screen, but the issue remains.

I believe the phone is actually powered up. If I open iTunes, it waiting for me to enter my password.

Most Helpful Answer

Try doing a soft reset and see if that helps.

If not, another battery might help. Definitely get new!

It could be a software issue, so as long as everything is backed up, try a restore on the phone as well if the reset doesn't work.

Here is the guide to restoring without your passcode.

Before you do though, when the screen goes black, plug in the phone and see if it vibrates. I would let it charge up for a while because it should automatically turn on if the battery was completely dead. If it does, try another screen.

iPhone 5c Replacement Battery Image

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried a new battery and the soft reset - no luck.

I don't think I can do a restore since I can't enter the passcode due to the blank screen.

Doug will be eternally grateful.