iPhone keeps restarting when on charge

Whenever I plug my iphone 5 into charge the apple logo keeps appearing then it'll restart and the apple logo appears again this process is repeated over and over. I've been looking around various forums and found that people suggest rebooting your phone in itunes. However my iphone 5 is completely out of charge and the usb port in the computer doesn't have enough power to start the phone, so i have no way of connecting it to itunes. Any help would be appreciated

Try to unplug the battery and turn it back .or maybe your using a third party charger thats why you made your charging port/battery misbehave .Replace the battery or just try it remove the battery turn it back plug the charger and see if it works hope it helps

Try cleaning the charger port with a toothpick or something equivalent if the charging port does not plug in fully.

This can also be caused by liquid damage on the charging port area or even logic board components.

I would try another charger port if cleaning the charging port dock assembly does not fix the issue.

Guide to replace part if needed:

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Replacement

You can buy the replacement part from here:

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Hey Timothy McGuinness,

I think it's your battery, you should replace it.

I've replaced the battery but it still have the same problem of no charge

Maybe the charging port?

Hey Timothy, sometimes applications running in the background can cause your phone to restart abruptly. I would advise you to close suspicious apps. You can read the full instructions here: http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-ipad-ke...

Doubt it. When it is plugged in, the reboot loop issue occurs.

Timothy McGuinness will be eternally grateful.