Repair guides and support for cars produced by the British automotive manufacturing company, founded in 1903.

My head and tail lights wont work

Hi everyone

I have what we call a holden astra over her (NZ) the headlights, taillights and dash loights wont work but high beam and brake lights do, any ideas please and thank you

start by checking fuses and relays as Im not sure what year were dealing with I'm going to assume its reasonable new and has a ECM . Check the connection at the ECM for corrosion and clean If theres still no Joy break out the test light and multi meter and start looking for a short. Hope this helps

$@$* sorry its a 1998 all fuses seem ok wheres that ECM thing lol thanks for helping too :-)

ECMs are usually located next to the battery or fuses panel there hard to miss they have a ton of wires going into them. should look something like this http://southwestvauxhall-greypartsimages...

please excuse my ignorance here in Canada we refer to them as ECM (electronic control moduals) I guess you refer to them in New Zealand as ECU (electronic control units) sorry if this caused confusion

trebecca774 will be eternally grateful.