Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Vibrations after upgrading internal hard drive

I replaced the internal hard drive on my MacBook Pro with a Seagate 320 Gig drive and reassembled the machine. Now I can feel vibrations when the drive is running.

Hi! I would open it up again and double-check that the rubber rings that go around each of the four hard drive screws are in place, and that they have not come off or been pushed aside. These act as shock absorbers within the computer, keeping computer movement from affective the drive, and drive movement from affecting the computer. If for whatever reason one of them is not in place, then likely the metal of the hard drive is directly touching the metal of the computer, causing vibrations.

schachat will be eternally grateful.