Why does my phone die at a very high percentage?

For a while, my phone has been gradually increasing at when my phone would die.

(eg, a month before my phone would die at around 40-50%, now it dies at 90-100%)

This happened a while ago with the same phone and some how, my phone fixed itself (I don't know how it happened) and it went back to normal (dying at 0%). But, the problem repeated again and I've tried everything (DFU restore, discharging and leaving it overnight) and my last resort is buying a new battery or even a new phone.

I've seen some posts where people say you run a battery-intensive app and let it discharge until 0%, but it's impossible for me, since I can't reach even below 50%.

When it dies, it stays at the flat battery screen and will instantly reboot once a charger has been plugged in.

Info about my phone:

-Bought my phone from a friend

-I have gotten the battery replaced, so my warranty is voided

-iOS 9.3.2

I would like to not buy a new battery, as it costs a lot of money.

Suggestions thanks :-)

(edit- when I reboot it, it goes to a different battery percentage, different to when it died. eg it died at 100%, but when rebooted it shows 96%)

dear friend, i think the problem related to the battery (or battery connector),

how much duration of time you getting phone without force shut down?

For me it's one certain apps like snapchat.. I legit just unplugged my phone and when I went on snapchat to send a snap it turned off ..

That happens to me too

same it always happens to me and never go to AT&T because we did the prepaid warranty and prepaid upgraid and when i went to upgrade the phone at the availible contract time thay said that i still had to pay another 100 dollars just toupgrade my two phones and an added 150 dollars for one crack on my phone!

I know you said you didnt want to replace the battery, but I would try a new battery before replacing an ic they may or may not be the issue. iFixit has batteries for the 6 for a real cheap price and they are good quality. I've used several to repair customer's phones.

i just want my phone to not be dead and i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!! i just want to listen to music in class!!!!!

you're in class to learn not listen to music....

U need a new phone stupie

Because the way you type you're the smart one....

It's battery or power IC on motherboard.

You can use iBackupBot to check battery cycles and capacity left. Usually when you buy cheap chinese battery it's even worse than used one, or don't show cycles and capacity. If you buy good replacement it should fix this issue.

Score -1

There most certainly is a an IC responsible for that and its almost certain that that IC is his issue.

It can be IC too, but some of batteries are copy or even refurbished refurbished. Problem is that's difficult to test battery when you buy it.

Battery also have it's own IC to count cycles. We saw on market batteries which didn't have this.

Your phones power ic is almost dead , that needs to be replaced before damaging sth else on the logic board

U may can use phone now but after a while it will stop working and that too bad

I think the ic is on the right side of battery connector on logic board.

If the problem was the battery ,the percentage decresses faster than normal ,after reboot or using etc ...

Score -1

That is not even close to correct.

jacob l will be eternally grateful.