Why will my washer not fill at beginning of cycle?

I have a 2009 Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300 washing machine -- model number MVWB700VQ0. We just moved to a new house, and as far as I know it was working fine in the old house.

Now, the cycle starts and water sprays in the machine, then the water runs through the detergent cup. The machine spins to balance the load, and when the tub slows to fill, nothing happens. Doesn't matter what cycle or water temperature, no water is added to the main tub for about the first 8 minutes of the cycle. After that, it kicks in and starts adding water, washes, rinses and drains as normal. I'm not getting any error codes.

We checked hoses, water pressure and screens. Thought it might be the water intake valve, but since it's working at other stages in the cycle, it's not that. Does this mean I have a timing issue or something with the main computer component? Again, I've not had any problem that I was aware of until we moved it after it'd been in the same place for 7 years.

Thanks for your help!

So it's running OK, but just taking that 8 minutes? Your concern is the timing issue?

Yes. As far as I can tell, it's getting clothes clean. If it's not going to mess up anything else going through the motions without water for those first few minutes, I'll just keep using it.

I know it has been moved and unplugged, but try resetting it by unplugging for 15 minutes and allow it to reset. Watch it to see if it gets worse. This may be a failing timer or control board and you really don't want the expense of parts replacement until you have to.

Agree completely! Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll try it tonight.

Tiffany will be eternally grateful.