The Nintendo 2DS is a handheld gaming device developed as an entry level version of the Nintendo 3DS with nearly identical hardware, but without the 3D upper screen function.

2DS Black Screen while power on

So a few days ago, I left my 2DS on the sleep mode for a while and I might or might not drop it accidentally. I don't remember and found out later that when i push the power button to turn it on, the blue led lights and the screen is black,

not black like it was turn off but black we definitely see that it is turn on but won't show anything. (backlight working probably?)

I tried to hold the power 10 seconds and wait but the only image i can see is when I push the power button when it's on and it asks you if you are sure if you want to turn it off. From there, and from there only, I can push the home button and it shows the white screen telling you you're going to the home screen. but it is stuck there and won't go to the actual home screen.

I want to know what exactly is the problem here and if you know how to fix it i would be grateful.

thank you

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

I have a similar issue, where I turn on my 2DS and the screens turn on, but stay black. But your issue sounds like hardware failure, maybe the motherboard was damaged in the possible fall. You can get replacement motherboards for around $20 or more, and there are a great deal of tutorials online on how to replace them. Good luck to you!

MaryEve Perreault will be eternally grateful.