Laptops manufactured by Asus.

start windows normally black screen

hardware or software has stopped my computor going back to normal have reset it & nouthing

hi balboanelson,

could you remove the other topic you started? - i edited the text of the other one into this question - it's the same problem and there are possible ways to fix it.

first of all - here is the knowledge base article from microsoft about the error message - the problem is - without an optical drive or a working xp setup on an usb stick - you're stuck here.

if the eee pc is still in it's original configuration - it could recover it's operationg system with one keystroke - but normally that means that all your data will be gone after that.

after you powered on the eee, hit F9 (around a second after the bios splash screen) and the eee then loads a menu:

Normal Boot

Perform Disk Scan

Restore Factory Settings

in your case you should use the last entry

This answer was originally to another question.

You would have to have a recovery disc to fix this issue. I don't know of any way to do it without.

+ Agreed Ralph

there's this bunch of sites that teach you to install the XP recovery CD to USB flash drive, i tried doing those tricks but still not succesfull all i got is boot somthin errors

let me know if you find any easy steps for recovery CD to USB boot

lisa will be eternally grateful.