Bluetooth speaker by Brookstone, released late 2013.

Brook Stone Big Blue Party Bluetooth Speaker Not Working

Does anyone know how to tear down a big blue party speaker? It fell of a table and the one of the speakers sounds blown and wanted to verify but I don't know how to get to the speaker to see.

Can someone help?

I also would like to tear it down to check if the battery is replaceable. I complained with Brookstone about the battery failure and they regretted, nothing more. This speaker is 50% useful without the batteries.

I managed to get the bottom part off. I can't get the grill part off. I am not sure how it is supposed to come off. I took apart the bottom by using a small screwdriver to take out the rubber caps over the screws. However the grill part I cannot figure out at this moment

I would like to know to becaus I have to leave it plugd in and is can't leave with it

Has anyone asked Brookstone how to replace the battery? If so, is there an instruction to be found anywhere on the internet for doing it yourself? Please let us know. It is bad advertising for Brookstone if they are unwilling to assist in this matter.

I've been searching for a disassembly instruction as well. I have a dent in the grill when it fell after opening a hatchback that I would like to repair. I also would like to know a method to replace a battery when that time comes.

It seems to me there is a certain level of interest for this device. Perhaps you or one of the commenters (@cbprado, @maswist, @gergzy) should do a guide for the rest of the community. That's how this site works!

Plus, @oldturkey03 and @mayer will be eternally grateful :>).

The screws on the bottom hidden.pop off the rubber covers and you'll need a Phillip screwdriver.rechargable batteries and Mother board on bottom

friend. Did you find out where you sell this battery? I'm trying to find.

I finally put together a battery replacement guide and a partial tear down:

Brookstone Big Blue Party Speaker Battery Replacement

Yes, the screws on the bottom expose the battery pack. The problem is where to find this particular battery pack. It is a 6 cell blue plastic wrap: ICR 18650 4400mAh 11.1V 48 . 84Wh

It has a red and black wire on it that clips into the mother board. Pretty easy swap if the battery pack can be found. The only place to purchase seems to be wholesalers with large quantity orders.

I have not yet found a replacement battery pack for this unit

The battery is for sale here - $59.99

http://xpresstekstore.com/7000mah-high-c...

I got the screen off. There is a seal around the top of the speaker. Just take off the bottom, the aux/power inlet and front chrome circle and run a small screwdriver around the top edge to release the sticky seal. Then have a buddy grab the top and pull the cage off. Speakers come out easy after that.

Can you make a quick video on opening BBP?

Here is the replacement battery pack:

Great find. A little pricey, but it may be worth it as opposed to replacing the whole unit. I'll give it a try and report back.

So for those looking for a battery replacement for the Big Blue Party speaker, I ordered one from http://xpresstekstore.com/7000mah-high-c...

The installation for this battery is easy: remove bottom screws, unplug the battery pack and replace. Tip: I unscrewed the small circuit board that the battery pack is plugged into (5 small screws), just to make it easier to unplug and plug in the replacement. Reinstall the bottom and you are good to go.

I've run this new battery pack through a couple of cycles so far and, as advertised, it has a much longer charge than the original battery pack from Brookstone. Highly recommended.

Thanks to Alex P for his good customer service at xpresstek.

How do you get to the screws on the bottom? Don't want to mess up the bottom, or do I just work it loose?

To get to the screws on the bottom of the device, simply pop out the 8 plastic plugs that are located around the edge with a small screwdriver or similar prying utensil. Pretty simple. You will need a phillips head screw driver to remove the screws.

[image|1171515]

[image|1171516]

Bottom screws and a sample of the plugs.

Juan will be eternally grateful.