Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Why wont it charge?

Okay. So, my iPhone 4s was not turning on at all, so i ordered a replacement battery, dock connector, and logic board for the iPhone from Ifixit.com. Followed the instructions to each of the guides. Now when i press the power button, the screen works but it shows the 'needs charging icon'. I had the iPhone on the charger for 7 hours and i'm still getting a low battery. Can someone help me please?

Do you have the old iPhone 4s battery around still? Try using that.

i tried that but the screen wouldn't even come on

Is there any dirt or lint in your charging port of your phone. Clean with a toothpick carefully. Did you test the charger to see if it working. Do you have another charger? Try a different charger to see if it charges the unit.

If neither of these work then maybe the battery isn't connected good inside the unit.

tried a different charger and didn't work. and i carefully removed the battery and reinserted it and it still didn't work

Darius Webb will be eternally grateful.