The 2013 revamp of the desktop Mac series known as the Mac Pro.

New Mac Pro suddenly doesn't turn on?

New Mac Pro suddenly doesn't turn on ?

Yesterday it was working normal and nothing

happened to it. Today it doesn't turn on anymore,

still seeing the back ports light from HDMI blinking

sometimes when i try to turn on.

Any ideas ?

Please help.

Recently using El Capitain 10.11.04

I just try this it dosen't work ....

Reset the SMC on Mac desktop computers

Follow these steps for iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Xserve.

Shut down the Mac.

Unplug the power cord.

Wait 15 seconds.

Plug the power cord back in.

Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on the Mac.

Any other idea to fix the problem and make the computer turn on again ?

Sorry Jozo but its a pro there isnt a keyboard :( and its not turning on, I just get back from apple assistence nobody knows about it and they ask me 10 days to give me a feed back. Im a mac fan for 10 years and after 8 computers i need to say this time was too much ..... time to get back to PC

If i can give a tip, DONT BUY THE NEW MAC PRO

another one..... dont use el capitain 10.11.4

Do you have an Apple Store near you? How about making a trip there to at least let them tell you what they think the problem is and how much they charge to fix it report back to us we maybe able to help you do it your self. This system is a lot easier to fix than the others. Sadly, I don't have a clue here as I haven't encountered this yet with our systems (8 right now).

@ enki nyxx - Sorry to hear you're not getting the needed support. We have quite a few Mac Pro's all are running El Capitain so I'm at a loss what your problem is here. I can't see us switching out as there just isn't any systems in this class at the price point with the same or better performance. With that said... Things are about to change ;-) The new Intel Xenon chips Intel’s Broadwell-EP Xeon E5-2698 V4 Processor. We should see some new Pro hardware sometime soon.

Did you visit an Apple Store or just a reseller? While some resellers know there stuff I've found a few that just don't have a clue. Even some of the genius's at Apple don't get a lot of time on the Mac Pro's. But, they should be able to get a more knowledgable person to look at your system. You may need to leave it depending on what time you visit.

I wouldn't be so quick here to throw the baby out with the bath water!

I'm having the same problem since yesterday , I do not know what to do, I know I should take it to a service and do not know how much money I spend , but if you had a diagnosis appreciate and share what solution you gave ... Greetings from Antofagasta , Chile.

same problem mac pro 2013 no power on pless help

Do you have your system on a good surge suppressor or UPS? Did you disconnect all of the external devices so you have just the core system with the keyboard & mouse/trackpad connected and was it still not able to boot up?

One of the things you may need to look at is your buildings wiring. Get a line checker which can check the ground and power. You could have a bad ground service or a miswired outlet. Is the outlet 20 Amp (US) and is the outlets line isolated back to the breaker panel? While I've not encountered it with a Mac Pro I've seen power supplies in systems burnt by power surges, power outages & lightning. Which one good reason to have an expensive system plugged into a good UPS which protects your system from these events.

Try holding shift key during the powering on. Let us know if it helped.

Score -1

enki nyxx will be eternally grateful.