home button bracket reattachment

ok, I just replaced my battery and screen and powered up and everything works! yay! BUT I am now going to screw the screen back on and close up the phone but can not get the bracket over the home button connector to stay on . . . does anyone have advice for this? It doesn't seem to want to snap back in to anything and I have been trying for about a half an hour - any suggestions? Does this bracket need to go back on or can I skip it?

David,

That bracket for the home button doesn't need to be back on. But I would try to put it back on because you want to put back the phone back together they way it was before you removed that part. It's a bit tricky but take your time and use some tweezers and place the two holes in at a angle first were they are lined up and then push the bracket with your finger or a spudger or something flat with even pressure. Its hard to explain but you'll get it.

David Newman will be eternally grateful.