Has anyone broken down a Tile? Can the battery be replaced?

I use a number of Tile Bluetooth tracking tags (http://www.thetileapp.com) and was wondering: has anyone tried to replace the battery?

I'd also be very interested in finding this out. I have 4 tiles currently, and am considering quite a few more for some of my family's devices. However, I don't like the idea of buying new ones every year. If they cost 50% of what they do, it would be a lot more reasonable, but $200-300/year for enough tiles to track things like backpacks, purses, remotes, etc, is pushing it.

Most Helpful Answer

Its possible. youtube vidoes freely available

It is possible very possible on Tile gen 1 and the Mate. I have not tried on the newer models. I have done it myself on four units. It not only reactivated the tiles it also reset the battery life timer. But, it's insides are delicate and very near to the edges of the casing so you must be very careful if you try. Plenty of YouTube videos exist to show how to do it.

jpalmquist will be eternally grateful.