Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Elite control Paddles not click in

Where i can find xbox elite controller parts (paddles board buttons)?

At $150, having the tiny green button that the jump paddle pushes on stop working correctly after <6 months hurts a lot.

Most Helpful Answer

Finally managed to fix my own unclicking jump paddle button. You will need to follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3qnxTi... where he shows you how to disassemble an elite controller. You will need two sizes of Torx screwdrivers (star): T-8 for the 5 outside screws, and a T-6 for the PCB you will need to remove that sits behind the tiny green buttons. T-6 is so tiny I had to borrow it from work so good luck with that one.

The part in the video he seems to skip is the most important: pulling off the back plate of controller. Once you have removed the five screws and the face plate, there is nothing really holding the back plate on anymore. The triggers are a little bit, so depress them and separating the plate will be easier. Do it GENTLY though, because there will still be a tiny circuit cable (ribbon), like in a laptop, connecting the two pieces that you do NOT want to break. I didn't bother disconnecting the ribbon since it seems glued to both halves, just kept them near each other.

Putting the back plate back on was a real pain, because I was making it harder than it really was. Seemed like I had to pull and click the back plate off with some slight force, so I figured I had to click it back in place. Turns out, it was just the triggers causing resistance pulling the plate off. In putting it back on, the plate really just sits there, so as long as the screw holes are lined up perfectly, and the battery prongs are back in the battery cage, you are good. Just make sure you turn off the hair trigger switch, and depress the triggers for easy reinstallation.

For the actual fix, I noticed that all the aluminum tent bubbles on the PCB that sits behind the tiny green buttons had these tiny black dots in the middle of them, barely wider than a hair. The broken one was missing this it seemed. On closer inspection, it had slid off towards the side of the aluminum "hump" (the actual button that the green rubber pushes on). All of these "humps" push, or click in, with you fingernail, hence the clicking of the paddle. The one without the proper black dot however at first didn't seem to click. Turns out, it did click, but needed more pressure.

What you need to do to fix this, is scrape the tiny, microscopic-like black dot back to the center. It's a super tiny marble or something that focuses the pressure to the center of the aluminum hump, allowing it to depress easier. My fingernail was too big to scrape it at first, and it wasn't working. I had to use the edge of a knife to center it. Once it was centered, however, my fingernail would move it. It seems much more loose than it should be probably, so I'm not sure how long my "fix" is going to work before I end up having to redo it again. I think as long as I don't repeatedly mash on the jump paddle too hard again, it should be good for a while. I hope this helps, and good luck!

UPDATE: 1/14/2017 - Lots of gaming and still works great. Some of the bolt action guns weren't firing for Battlefield 1 when the hair triggers were turned on. Thought I messed something up, but many were having this problem. Turns out, just have to adjust the activation range in controller settings. 100% activation at an 80-85% pull as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YKkPys...

Mine worked at 85%. No more problems at all. Also, as you can see in the video, they fixed their plasma gun not charging since it wasn't detecting a full 100% pull.

thank you, thank you, thank you for your post! was able to easily fix the same issue!

Glad to help!

Mine stopped working after about 1.5 years of daily usage.. I've added a picture here of the paddle UMB in question where you can see a damaged SW1 (had assigned it to jump!). I've reassembled it and re-assigned buttons to play with only 3 paddles while searching to find a replacement UMB online.

Ah yes, that does look pretty jacked. Mine just had the black dot you see in the middle of them slid off to the base of the button. I re-centered it, and it works fine now. The entire unit looks degraded on yours.

WILLIAM colon will be eternally grateful.