Volume control doesn't work
Let me explain the problem here, the internal speakers are not broken, they work just fine and the sound is all the way up, I can mute and unmute using the respective keyboard buttons BUT I can't lower or raise the volume, a little stop symbol like this one appears (http://staticz.com/wp-content/uploads/20...). There is no light coming from the jack port.
Note: With headphones the volume controls work.
I tried to search the problem on the internet but all the solutions i found didn't work for me.
Here is a list of the things that I've tried and didn't solve my problem:
- clearing cache by starting in Safe Mode and restarting
- checking System Preferences > Audio and everything is good (internal speakers are set as output)
- plugging and unplugging headphones
- using a toothpick to click the little button inside the jack
- pastening "sudo killall coreaudiod" in the terminal app
- resetting PRAM / NVRAM with cmd, option, P and R
- switching between users
Thanks in advance!
Is this a good question?