A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Where is the power button "clicker" on a CUH-1200?

So I got a CUH-1200 PS4 today and the only problem with it is the power button doesn't work(eject button works fine). I took it apart and see where it goes( when I got it the power button was loose) but I don't see anything where the power button is suppose to hitting or clicking against. Can someone explain how this power button works or where is the part is at that the power button is suppose to click against?

There is a part that it clicks against. There is a button that is soldered onto the motherboard that the push button pushes against. This button is what actually tells the console to turn on.

I hope this helps.

So am I missing it then? Cause I don't see anything there.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd44...

Yes, you are just not seeing it. It's under the motherboard. If you shine a flashlight on the underside of the board right where the button slides in you will see it. I'll update my original answer with a pic of the button on the underside of the board.

Thanks,I wonder why it's not hitting it then? I guess I'll have to remove the motherboard and look

Update: It isn't there,previous owner must have removed it, nothing but a little ball solder left...

Thanks for the update...someone must have pushed a little too hard and broken it off. If that's the only problem with it it should be fixable.

I have that same problem. The plastic thing that hits the contact on the mobo must be missing something, but i can not find out what it is - or where to buy a replacement. Do somebody know?

I don't know of anywhere that you can buy it. You might keep your eye on Ebay.

Got to buy the whole board son!

Just use a paper clip and leave it alone!

There's no way to turn it on with a paper clip with the power button missing. With the motherboard installed it would be impossible to get the paperclip back to the button.

Travis Cox will be eternally grateful.