Released 2013, the DXR-5 baby monitor contains features such as:Video · One Receiver · 150 foot range · 2.4 GHz Digital Signal · Night Vision. Existing part numbers are B0052QYLUM and BBM1.

Is there a way to replace the antenna wire on the monitor?

Hello! The antenna cover on the monitor snapped off and severed the antenna wire beneath it. Does anyone know if there is a way to replace the wire?

Most Helpful Answer

Remove the battery

Remove the 2 screws located under the battery

Carefully, remove the clear plastic cover

Remove the 2 screws under the cover

Separate the blue and white housing pieces, exposing the antenna wire

Very carefully strip 0.54" of the insulation, exposing the wire mesh

Very carefully push the mesh towards end still attached to the monitor

This should create a bump making it possible to trim away the mesh without damaging the inner wire

Reassemble and test.

There is some math involved which will prevent this from working on anything other than a 5.4ghz antenna

My antenna wire is broken off right above the metal shield that comes up through the case. This metal piece is crimped so that it can't slide up or down, so I am unable to expose any more wire. Can I cut below this shield and remove it completely, or is there another option to fix my antenna? Any help appreciated.

deannarayner will be eternally grateful.