3rd iteration of Amazon's Kindle Paperwhite series released on June 30, 2015 as part of the 7th Generation of Kindle products. The Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation is a 6-inch, 300 PPI reading display tablet that is Wi-Fi capable. The designated model number is DP75SDI.

Why is my battery life draining so fast?

I’m using my Kindle to read for only a few hours a day and the battery life is always low. Why is this happening? Is something wrong with my battery or Kindle?

That is a common problem that happens. Good question!

You may not be using the optimum settings on your device. It is recommended that you set the Brightness to 10 and turn on Airplane Mode when the Wi-Fi is not being used. While this will extend the battery life, it is also dependent on how long you use the device for each day.

If you are still experiencing battery life problems, you may indeed have a faulty battery. In this case, you may need to replace your battery.

It happened to me also after firmware update in March 2016. It is a bug in the version 5.7.2.1 - something with indexing books. Fixed with manual download a install version 5.7.3.

Micah Smart will be eternally grateful.