Released in conjunction with the iPad 2, the Smart Cover is a screen protector that doubles as a stand. The Smart Cover works with both the second and third generation iPad.

Ipad cover coming apart

The cover is coming apart where it flips over at the magnetic base. There is the hard edge that clings to the iPad and a flexible, rubber cover that seemed to be glued to it. Whatever was holding it together has worn away. I tried double-faced tape to reattach it, but it doesn't hold. Any suggestions on an adhesive to use to repair it?

About 1/3 of my cover hinge came detached off my cover. I applied a line of superglue (Gorilla brand, but most should work), and my cover is like new (well, except for some exterior scuffs).

Glad to read this works, thanks! I was tempted to do it on mine but have not dared yet to attempt it.

Did you have any trouble with making sure the detached part was properly stretched to its original position? Mine has gone off entirely and I am worried about glueing it back too loose.

Mine was only partially detached, so I had a clear guide for alignment. However, even if fully detached, the magnets should align both the main cover and the spline in the right place while gluing.

Just get a new one..

Well, the point of iFixit is to fix things, not buy new ones. ;)

Ifixit don't usually do accessories repairs, they are pointless.

Ron Shapiro will be eternally grateful.