The Nissan Altima is a mid-size automobile manufactured by Nissan, and is arguably a continuation of the Nissan Bluebird line, which began in 1957.

No acceleration when car in Drive

Started car, went in reverse and when put car in drive car limped and no acceleration. Car check engine light came on. Car slowly rolled until I parked it again. Rested car for several minutes and started again and was able to accelerate to get home. Check engine light stays on. Could it be bad gas, clogged fuel filter?

I have a 2005 with the 2.5 Ultima and I've changed most of the sensors and then I change the fuel injectors and now it wont rev past 3500 RPMs any suggestions

I have a 2005 with the 2.5 Ultima and I've changed most of the sensors and then I change the fuel injectors and now it wont rev past 3500 RPMs any suggestions I've changed all the senses except for the maf sensor

And the code that comes up says I'm getting high fuel pressure which I don't understand I put a new fuel pump in it and done a lot of work to it so any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated

Aits the electronic box in transmission. When you turn car off it resets it. My Nissan had the same problem. Factory defect needs to be replaced

My wife had this problem with her car, the vehicle is in "limp Mode" its because it is detecting a critical problem with your vehicle. when her vehicle did this it stayed in 3rd gear so it wouldn't accelerate quickly and it wouldn't go over 3500 rpm's. i just limped the car to a auto parts store and had them scan the check engine light and it showed that it was either the camshaft or crankshaft position sensor ( cant remember which one it was) but i replaced that sensor, disconnected the battery wires to reset the computer and it was good to go afterwards, haven't had a problem since and that was a year ago.

Your check engine light means that there is an error code stored that will tell you where the issue is. Nissans will go into a "limp home" mode that limits the engine RPM if certain codes are detected to allow you to drive the vehicle to a safe location before shutting it off. I'm assuming this is what has happened with your vehicle.

You need to plug an OBDII code reader into the plug located somewhere under your dash near the steering column and find out what the error code stored is, then do a search on that code to find out what error it represents, then on that code and your specific vehicle to find more information.

+ And to piggy-back on Eric's answer, you can "rent" an OBDII scanner from Autozone. The way it works is that you give them a deposit that is quite a bit more than what the scanner is worth, use it, and then return it to them for a full refund of your deposit. If you don't wish to do that yourself, pretty much every auto repair shop offers a service to diagnose check engine lights.

Take the car to an Auto Zone and get a free computer readout to tell you what's going on with the engine. Then you'll be much better armed to know what to do. Until then you're just guessing with a very expensive piece of machinery.

They will only give to the code witch work in some cases

I have same problem in my 2004 quest van. The box in transmission has a recall. What it does is if one tire is on ice and the other tire is on dry ground it locks everything out(engine,trans.), can only coast. When I start to drive van it will be locked out. You need to put it in park shut it off wait 2 seconds then restart it. It will be fine.

Would this cause me to lose power as well

The same thing happened to me, infinity nissan cars in 1997, most likely the oxygen sensor or the MAF mass airflow sensor, sometimes with the toggling on and off the car can run normally, it does not happen again when I clean the MAF sensor and check connection of the two sensors.

Hi, just went through a similar problem with a 06 Sentre were the accelerator would have zero response when in Drive or Reverse.

We found our problem to be a bad alternator (it was charging some, but not correct ). In our situation the problem was evident with the lights on and ran fine with them off. Something about the voltage being flaky.

hope this is helpful to someone.

My maxima stopped running and will not even go into gear HELP. Janice

My 2005 Nissan Altima it's start an idel but if you mash the gas pedel it does nothing rave up or thing what could it be

my nissan cefiro starts but does not rev at all. obd reads APP sensor error. i changed it but the error remains

I have Nissan dayz and have same problem error detected is throttle error I changed it but same problem what should I do please answer

Wrong question. .. 06 altima. For a week now the fuel gauge reads no gas and gas light is on. And under my mileage dte blinks off and on. I shut off turn key on . off . on. Fast and it would ready fuel.. I turned it off in driveway earlier. And now it will crank but wont start.. It always started right up. Not now. But i can hear the fuel pump come on

Allison it sounds like your cars out of fuel . Also if the car is out of fuel dont keep priming the pump by turning the key on and off . The pump is actually cooled by being immersed in fuel and if theres no fuel the pump will overheat and burn out. put some fuel in the car and try again

my 2007 nissan note engine light came on and car went into safe mode. I can't go over 1500 rpm, changed the throttle body and fuse box, but it keep breaking the fuse and go back to the same issue. we checked the wires and didn't find any breakage. Any suggestion?

I have same problem with my Nissan Murano 2004, the throttle does not respond. But when i park the car for about 15mins it picks up again. I've had it scanned and the code says throttle sensors. Hadbit changed but same issue still. I'm looking at other pressure sensors to figure out where this is coming from.

'''I have a 2008 Nissan Versa SL my car is doing the same thing as above. But the only difference is I was getting low on fuel on my way home the other night and my gas light came on this is my first time to let it get this low. It ran fine all the way home with the gas light on and so I decided to get gas the next day. Usually I park underneath the carport at my apts but they were all taken so my car sat all day out in the hot sun until around 4 pm the next day when I decided to go get gas and go to the store. The car started fine and drove fine until I was almost out of my apt complex. Then it went into limp mode I just thought I was out of gas so I crawled to the gas station across the street and got got gas. The car started again and drove fine all the way to the store and almost to my apts and then poof limp mode acting up again gas pedal goes to floor and nothing. It I let it sit the gas pedal will work it will back up but when I put it in drive the gas pedal goes to the floor like it isn't even attached it doesn't do anything. And that is where I am oh I might mention the check engine light never came on the whole time until when I got home from the grocery store and kept messing with it putting it in park starting it backing out and putting in drive one time I gave it gas and it jerked really bad. I am 66 years old and am worrying it is the fuel pump cause if that is it I am going to be with out a car I cannot afford the cost of that. I have had several people tell me to get the meter I know I can get the meter but to ease my mind I thought someone may of had the same problem nd give me some hope that it isn't going to be a 1000 dollars job. Everytime I have gone to a mechanic the bill always comes out to over 1000 dollars and I don't know if they are being honest. Thank please don't answer with check the code I know that.

Mary will be eternally grateful.