Stylus for the iPad Pro, announced September 9 and launched mid November 2015. Model A1603.

Where can I buy a new cap?

Hello. I lost my Apple Penicl Cap.

Where can I buy a new cap?

I contacted Apple directly after doing a web search for parts (to no avail) on this and asked for availability of parts, I got the standard run around, on hold, on hold. I also told him this answer would be posted on the web as a reference for others with pen issues.

You have take it into a Apple store or an ASP, ship it in after calling Apple Care 1-800-APL-CARE (1-800-275-2273) Hours of Operation: 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central time

Give them the serial number before they will even advise you on pricing and availability.

Because, as an end user, you're just to stupid to stick a cap on a pen. It takes a Certified Apple Repair Technician.

Please understand this was a company I loved, respected and committed my life and career to and was extremely and passionately dedicated to since I got my first Apple in 1979, until the advent of Tim Cook and his corporate greed took over. Steve is rolling over in his grave now. My beautiful world changing baby that I was so enthralled with has become a prostitute.

UPDATE 7/6/17

I finally saw where they were selling the pencils and remembered this question:

http://www.macworld.com/article/3205806/...

rip off capitalism.........................................................................

brian, that is not capitalism, which by its nature implies competitive markets. But this is a corporate monopolist greed rip off.

I lost my cap 5 days after getting the Pencil. Did the on-line chat with Apple... cut to the chase. $16.90 plus tax if you need another. That's why you have to love Apple its always just more money..

My new best friend Jeff Bezos opened a little online store that now stocks Apple Pencil caps - FRTMA For Apple Pencil Cap - 4 colors-Combo-Midnight Blue ,Lavender ,Mint,Red

They are silicone and work well. They do not have the magnetic ring to make them snap back to the Apple Pencil like original, that said they do go on with very little effort and does not come off without you pulling it off. Kind of like the old erasers you added to your #2 pencils in school. $12.99 with prime

Amazon 10 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/FRTMA-Apple-Penci...

You can also chat or call in and provide the serial number found on the lightning port. The replacement can be ordered for you.

Yup! I was quoted $18 total. $6 shipping, $10 part, and $2 taxes. I offered to just pay the shipping and they said to go buy a 3rd party one. Blah.

Just for such a tiny cap cost US$18 !?

A mere $17.82 for a replacement cap directly from Apple http://imgur.com/a/CzMd6

mcjackson will be eternally grateful.