0

Jordan
77

My computer screen is just turning white on startup?

So I am currently having a problem with a computer screen I have,whenever I turn the computer on and then I would turn on my screen but it just turns white and like blank,I don't know what to do so i just try to like turn off the screen and then turn it on a few minutes later but it never works!I can't even use the screen it's like always white no matter what.Does it have to do with the graphics card or something?Can anyone please help me with my problem?Thanks.

Edited by: Jordan ( )

my compute is trun white i need help

keisha,

Ok. I had the same problem 3 times. The first time I got it fixed because it was on my warranty. But the second time I couldn't get it fixed. I had to wait until I got a new one. But I let it sit for a while and I had a dream that it started working and so I turned it on and it worked and it just turned white. But you should try to wait a month or 2 and then it may work

Kaylani,

Leaving the monitor off until you dream of it is not the solution, neither is waiting months.

e84,

1

sbrnloc
43

same thing has happened with my computer....when i was using it, suddenly it would just turn white...so i told my parents and my dad brought it to a computer guy to fix and the guy said it had to do with the board that is inside your computer (directly under your keyboard.....they have to replace the board inside with a new one....what caused this to happen is that on the side of your computer there is something that is breathing out air and you might of just layed it down on a couch/bed and it suffocates because your covering the holes that are trying to breathe and this causes the board inside to melt.....hope this helped you xxxx

Truly,

Sabrina

4

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Do you have, like a display or like a monitor. If it's a monitor try plugging it into a computer and like turn them both on. You might consider like telling us what you have.

um,its a a viewsonic moniter,i've used it for some time and a dell tower.

Jordan,

First unplug both. Reseat the video card and tighten the cable connections to both the card and the monitor. Now plug both back in and restart each.

mayer,

where can i find my video card?

Jordan,

It will be in a PCI slot inside the unit. It's the thing the monitor cable is attached to.

mayer,

huh?im confused,not really understanding

Jordan,

1

J K VERMA
13

it may be some thing wrong with your video card.

try in another computer.

0

paul
1

try starting in safe mode with command prompt( hit f8 upon booting up) type explorer in the command prompt and use system restore to the closest point (system restore cannot be undone in safe mode.)then either download a reliable malware disinfecting programme or run the one on your system as I think the white screen is a nasty Trojan that needs to be removed.

0

harry
1

as soon as you start your computer you have to press F8 key continuously until unless you cannot see any option..and later you will safe mode you have to start you compuiter

on safe mode....

0

jakobsilberg
1

I have the same problem, just its not the computer. Its the monitor. It has been working on and off since i got it. Any fixes?

0

e84
1

The problem is most likely a capacitor inside your monitor, they burn out after a while, so you might be able to fix it by replacing the bad one. If you're lucky you can spot a bad one by checking if the top metal flat is bulging.

For reference you can look at this link, the second picture shows what I'm talking about: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?a...

Whiteouts and blackouts can also be caused by other components, so replacing the capacitor may or may not fix the problem.

ps. I know this thread is old, but %#*@, the answers already posted here would make any dead scientist spin in his/her grave.

e84,

0

david
1

yep

0

Yogesh
1

Hey, I got the same problem it's not your dell tower but it's the screen....

cause I took off my cable and connected my Cpu to another screen and it worked, I even tried it on my TV through VGA Cable.... and it works.

The Solution:

Turn on your computer

Turn on the Monitor, if it is white(Blank) then press the power button to turn it off and turn it on instanly.

The Screen will continue to be white, then again turn off the monitor and unplug it.(NOTE: Unplug only the Monitor) Now after one minute plug it and turn it on.

It will work...cause I just did it so that I could google search the problem and I fell on this forum....