Lenovo Thinkpad X220 portable computer (LAPTOP) for business and communication. The Thinkpad X220 was released in April 2011 to succeed to the Thinkpad X201. Main improvements are : 1366x768 IPS screen available, 2nd generation Intel Core CPUs, new Trackpoint, new Ultrabase, SATA III

Why is my touchpad jumpy?

When using my touchpad it will jump all over the screen. I have cleaned it and it is still happening. What could be causing this?

Hi, What OS is installed in your laptop, Win7, 8.1 or 10?

You may need to update your mouse settings. You will find this in your control panel, under hardware and sound. You will then go to device manager which is under devices and printers. Another window will pop up and you will right click on mice and other pointing devices. A button will pop up, scan for hardware changes. This will update your mouse to most recent device settings. It may take a moment. If this doesn’t work you may need to slow down the pointer speed on your mouse.

Emily Heffernan will be eternally grateful.