Lenovo business laptop introduced in April 2011. The X220 replaces the ThinkPad X201. The X220 has since been replaced by the X230. Main improvements are : 1366x768 IPS screen available, 2nd generation Intel Core CPUs, new Trackpoint, new Ultrabase, SATA III

Why is my touchpad jumpy?

When using my touchpad it will jump all over the screen. I have cleaned it and it is still happening. What could be causing this?

Hi, What OS is installed in your laptop, Win7, 8.1 or 10?

You may need to update your mouse settings. You will find this in your control panel, under hardware and sound. You will then go to device manager which is under devices and printers. Another window will pop up and you will right click on mice and other pointing devices. A button will pop up, scan for hardware changes. This will update your mouse to most recent device settings. It may take a moment. If this doesn’t work you may need to slow down the pointer speed on your mouse.

Emily Heffernan will be eternally grateful.