Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

L2 trigger stuck on back panel

The bottom lip of the L2 trigger button is stuck outside of the back panel of the controller. I can't figure out a way to fix it without breaking the bridge between the L1 and L2 buttons.

Is the small tab at the base of the triggers necessary? If I were to break it, would the controller function normally?

Most Helpful Answer

This may be a little overkill but you should open up the cover on controller and free it that way if you break those small tabs your controller will not function properly here is how to open up your controller.

DualShock 4 Plastic Shell Replacement You probably just need to realign the casing. This guide tells you how and what the tabs are for.

Your welcome I am glad you found a repair solution

I think my question was misleading. I added a second image of the tab I was trying to reference. I found out that the plastic trigger buttons are sold online, so I'll probably just break off the L2 trigger button and install a new one. Thank you for responding though.

Chad McCaulley will be eternally grateful.