SIM card not supported

Ok, so I just bought a phone off craigslist. I had Verizon check it before I bought it. They said its fine. I tried installing a Verizon SIM card. Won't accept it. Said sim not supported. I checked the imei, says its for Verizon. Can't get into this phone now. Any ideas?

iphon5 sim card not sported after unit replace

same as mine. what would I do??

what to do??

Sometimes the SIM card is to much advanced to the phone. Once I had a SIM card that had just been delivered to me by the operator and when trying on the phone, it was not supported, but when trying on a newer phone the card already worked. Both mobile phones were from the same operator.

My iphon 5s support AT&t sim and when i wan to change it to my country sim card .that,s alart (the sim card is not supported)

Yes. It could be a replacement unit that was activated with a GSM carrier SIM right after replacement, and got locked to that carrier. Should be T-Mobile or AT&T.

Now Verizon see it as theirs but can't unlock it because well, it's not locked to them.

Try AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs. What happens?

I tried a T-Mobile sim. It doesn't work. I can try to find an AT&T sim and try that...

Sim not supported how can't do?

Sim not supported how can't do?

If SIM is not supported it means your device is locked to a given carrier, and you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier.

Either you must unlock your device (by the carrier or some unlocking services) or use a SIM from the supported carrier. Or sell the device.

Mine just started doing this when I go out of Verizon's range. Verizon says there is nothing wrong on their end an apple says its Verizon. So idk but if you have figured iit out can you post what you did to fix it? I think maybe switch to at&t is the answer.

sim not sport help me

turn the phone off and turn it on again after put your sim card in sim tray . after 1 minute go to setting turn on airplane mode after 2 min turn it on after back to network select search network automatic.

Score -1

I can't get into the phone. I'm in setup

iMedic will be eternally grateful.