TV screen won't turn on. Standby light solid red.

My Panasonic Viera plasma TV won't turn on. It won't respond to the tv remote. If you press the power button on the side of the tv the red standby light comes on solid but the screen doesn't turn on. No sound comes out either. After the red standby light comes on the buttons on the side of the tv don't do anything, including the power button.

Now I just noticed that the solid light started blinking. It blinks 14 times and then stops for a second then blinks 14 times again.

Here's a video on fixing the 14 blink code on the Panasonic plasma 50 inch TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHBIiRxh...

Great that works!

Most Helpful Answer

Turn tv off at the tv. Now keep your remote stand bye button held down. Whilst held down, press tv button on. Green light should come on. From bugsy13

I tried everything to solve our similar problem with our Panasonic Vieira TV and this is the one thing that finally worked. Thank you so much!

I'm a manager at a retirement apartment block. A 94 year old resident told me her tv wouldn't come on. I went through all of the fault finding in the book, but got no answer. I put the problem into google and your response came up. I went back to the tv and lo and behold it worked! Thanks so much for posting this solution.

Panasonic TX-P42U30B. Red light on and flashes with commands from remote but does not come on. This reset worked a treat. Now changes to flashing green and then starts. Many thanks, Have since found out

that set had suffered a power cut, so this could have caused the need for a reset

OMG it worked! A million thanks!

thx so much, this really helped

Yes! I have now had to use this twice. It worked both times. You're a genius mate.

Thanks for that - saved my neighbour calling the TV repair man, and saved a fortune no doubt

My Lg 60 inch es plasma TV is not on but the standby light is always on. At can I do?

Randy Weaver will be eternally grateful.