The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

MBP early 2015 SSD can upgrade with Samsung 950 pro?

I'm plan to buy 2nd hand MBPr 2015 from someone. Prices is cheap. But it has 128GB ssd.

I think about to upgrade. Samsung 950 pro is interesting. But i'm not sure it can use for this model.

I'm google. So many question but not find case like this. I found that apple use custom ssd, i found samsung 950 size is 22x80mm, apple support NVMe in 10.10.3

But don't find someone test or use it

yes, apple try to make you buy new macbook, not upgrade. i don't know why still want to buy macbook. alienware better more. check price. u got china vehicle (mac) vs europe vechicle (alienware)

Check out the SSD upgrade kits from MCE.

The SSD slot in that Macbook pro is not m.2. So it won't fit.

What Ben said is true, Samsung Pro 950 cannot be used in a 2015 Retina MBP.

However this will work.

You can install the new drive and sell the old one to recoup some of the cost.

MacBook Air 13" (2015) and MacBook Pro Retina 13" and 15" (2015) SSD Image

You can buy an adapter from M.2 to MBPr or Air for about $20...

http://eshop.sintech.cn/storage-adapter-...

The REAL question is if the NVMe protocol will be a hiccup (as in, I don't personally know that answer) ... and if it'll get the full speed of the 950. In principle, I don't see why it wouldn't. And I WILL be testing this out.

Sadly, you can't use a M.2 NVMe SSD in these systems even with the adapter.

with this adaptor Macbook don't see Samsung 950/960 series

Is this only because of a kext issue? (big cross stop-logo on bootup) ; if so, there are alternative kext drivers now for those using various NVME drives on hackintoshes that may work.

Hi! Has anyone tried this:

https://nickwoodhams.com/getting-your-nv...

It is a nvme patch for the original nvme kext from apple. It is meant to be used on hackintosh but I think it might work on a macbook pro from 2015 with the adapter and a nvme ssd like the samsung 960/950 evo/pro. If someone tries or has tried it please let me know.

Por Chumjan will be eternally grateful.